There are so many great locations I’ve found throughout the years and I’m always getting asked where to go for photoshoots so I created a list of some of my go-to spots for engagement photoshoots in 2020.
1. The Beach: The beach is my number one go-to spot at any time of the year. My favorite time to take photos at the beach is at sunset. (I am also down for sunrise!) The golden hour glow is some of the prettiest light to work with. The beach also offers a lot of space and more privacy depending on the time of year of course! There are a variety of different beaches I like to photograph, each with their own unique characteristics. Here are a few of my favorites!
– Old Orchard Beach: Lots of room, dune grass, the pier, downtown/arcade area.
– Pine Point: Pretty quiet, small beach, pier, partially rocky coast, dunes, rustic.
– Kettle Cove: Lots of room, rockier coastline, small bridges/wooded.
2. The Old Port: If you’re looking for an industrial vibe this is the spot. I tend to gravitate towards two different areas of Portland. I either head down to Wharf St where the streets are cobblestone or I head toward the wharves. Conveniently located just outside the Old Port is the eastern promenade. The eastern promenade is a large park, rolling hills, and a rocky beachfront. Portland offers a dynamic mixture of settings all within close proximity to one another.
3. State Parks: Maine has a lot of state parks. Some of my favorites in southern Maine are Ferry Beach State Park and Two lights State Park. Ferry Beach State Park is a beautiful woodsy walk, leading up to a pathway down to the beach. This is a great spot for bother summer and fall photoshoots. Two-lights state park has a seriously rocky coast with a stunning view of Casco-Bay as well as shoreline walking paths and picnic areas.
4. Somewhere Personal: Do you have a hobby you two do together, or maybe a favorite place where you walk your dog? Maybe you’re into hiking mountains or venturing to epic locations! I’m always down for a new concept that will help exemplify what your relationship is like. Choosing an activity rather than a location will certainly help if you’re camera shy! For winter activities I would suggest something like ice skating together or sledding!
Feel free to contact me today to discuss your photoshoot details! We can work together to decide on your ideal scene, outfit choices and the overall vibe that will bring out the best of you and your relationship.